The Front Desk employee is the face of the club; you are the person a member sees when he or she first walks
into the club. It is important that this person has a positive, upbeat personality with great communication ability. The Front Desk employee wears many hats and should be able to multi task between answering phone calls, making a Retro Smoothies and assisting customers. Ideal candidates for the Front Desk position will possess the following:
- A positive upbeat personality.
- Effective ability to communicate with customers, coworkers and managers.
- The ability to multitask.
- Customer service oriented.
- Punctual, responsible and detail oriented.
- CPR/AED training preferred.
- Prior experience in a retail setting is preferred.
Responsibilities of the Front Desk include but not limited to:
- Greeting and checking in members as they come in.
- Resolving customer issues in an effective manner.
- Membership sales and retention.
- Following up with prospects.
- Selling in store merchandise such as Retro Smoothies cooler drinks, pro shop items etc.
- Ensuring a safe and clean health club environment for members and staff.
- Opening and closing the facility if scheduled.
- Following company policies and procedures.
All Front Desk employees are to wear company staff shirt along with either khaki pants or black athletic pant. Sneakers must be worn. No boots, heals or sandals. Front Desk staff should be well groomed and neat.
Opening employees are required to be at club 15 minutes prior to the clubs opening time. This is to ensure all items on the Opening Checklist are performed before the clubs scheduled opening time. Closing employees are to close at the established time. Employees should not count money until all members have left the facility and the doors are locked.
Retro Fitness of Wayne
Founded in 2004 by entrepreneur Eric Casaburi, Retro Fitness has evolved from a regional Northeast gym concept into a national fitness system with more than 140 gyms open in 16 states. Retro Fitness is expanding its footprint with more than 100 gyms in its development pipeline and plans to open 200 gyms in the next two years in new, major markets, such as Florida, Illinois, California, Maryland, New York, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. Each Retro Fitness location is equipped with a full-service fitness center, including 60-100 pieces of equipment supplied by leading manufacturers. The burgeoning franchise has placed in the top 300 of Entrepreneur’s magazine’s prestigious Franchise 500 list for five consecutive years.
Retro Mission Statement
Retro Fitness is a Health Club built on the respect and dedication for each of our members who entrust us to help them achieve their health and fitness goals. Our mission is to provide a consistent and innovative customer experience for each member to realize their true fitness potential; making America a healthier place 1 visit, 1 rep, 1 mile at a time.
Retro Fitness is constantly on the lookout for qualified professionals who are looking for growth opportunities in the exciting industry of Fitness. Don’t have any fitness experience? GREAT! We are actively recruiting individuals based on their ability to learn and follow our proven model. If you have managerial experience in an industry that focuses on outstanding customer service, you may be perfect for Retro Fitness. We take talented people seriously. This is not 'just a gym', this could be your next career.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)