Barre fitness classes are simply ballet-inspired, incorporating a ballet barre and maybe some plies and pirouettes here and there into the workout. Essentially, barre classes mix elements of Pilates, dance, yoga and functional training, and the moves are choreographed to motivating music. In each energizing and targeted workout, you’ll use the barre and exercise equipment such as mini-balls and small hand weights to sculpt, slim and stretch your entire body.
Instructor Position Requirements:
- Experience in dance or fitness is preferred
- Musicality, specifically the ability to keep rhythm and count to the beat of the music
- Possess strong client service skills
- Strong sense of community
- Upbeat, optimistic, passionate, friendly and authentic
- Comfortable working as part of a team
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations for self
- Availability to work a flexible schedule and teach multiple classes per week (may include weekends, evenings, holidays, and special events)
- Attend multiple day training
- Ability to lift hand weights, demonstrate full body pushups, and maintain high-energy for 50-minute class is required
- Barre Certification
- One year minimum instructing barre classes
- Able to work with others as part of a team.
- Able to communicate and motivate effectively.
- Certified in CPR/AED/First Aid; must be achieved within 60 days of employment.
Part Time Positions with hourly Rate
Founded in 2004 by entrepreneur Eric Casaburi, Retro Fitness has evolved from a regional Northeast gym concept into a national fitness system with more than 140 gyms open in 16 states. Retro Fitness is expanding its footprint with more than 100 gyms in its development pipeline and plans to open 200 gyms in the next two years in new, major markets, such as Florida, Illinois, California, Maryland, New York, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. Each Retro Fitness location is equipped with a full-service fitness center, including 60-100 pieces of equipment supplied by leading manufacturers. The burgeoning franchise has placed in the top 300 of Entrepreneur’s magazine’s prestigious Franchise 500 list for five consecutive years.
Retro Mission Statement
Retro Fitness is a Health Club built on the respect and dedication for each of our members who entrust us to help them achieve their health and fitness goals. Our mission is to provide a consistent and innovative customer experience for each member to realize their true fitness potential; making America a healthier place 1 visit, 1 rep, 1 mile at a time.
Retro Fitness is constantly on the lookout for qualified professionals who are looking for growth opportunities in the exciting industry of Fitness. Don’t have any fitness experience? GREAT! We are actively recruiting individuals based on their ability to learn and follow our proven model. If you have managerial experience in an industry that focuses on outstanding customer service, you may be perfect for Retro Fitness. We take talented people seriously. This is not 'just a gym', this could be your next career.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)